(Originally posted on March 15, 2010 on the Space Tweep Society Blog.)
Over the weekend I pondered this question, “When will spaceflight be commonplace?” For this exercise, lets assume spaceflight = to/from a destination in Low Earth Orbit.
Once again I’d like to offer up some questions to the #SpaceTweeps to share their responses and I’ll come back and post my answers as well.
1) When will spaceflight be commonplace (like airline travel)?
2) What government “help” is required to achieve routine spaceflight?
3) What role (if any) does technology play in making spaceflight routine?
4) What will the minimum acceptable level of risk be?
5) At what point (if any) will spaceflight to Low Earth Orbit be profitable?
*Comments have been ported over.